OMG!! Fire burnt two-year-old boy, injures girl in Lagos State

Fire kills two-year-old boy injures girl in Lagos, Gistbased

A two-year-old boy was burnt to death on Friday night after candlelight gutted a storey building on Ben Okonkwo Street, Ikotun area of Lagos State.

It was confirmed that a five-year-old girl also suffered burns but was rescued by emergency officials who put out the fire. The identities of the victims had yet to be identified.

Eyes witness stated that the fire started from a self-contained flat on the top floor of the building.

The deceased’s mother had reportedly gone out to buy some food stuff, leaving the candle lit at the same time as her son and the girl were asleep.

It was learnt that before she returned home, the candle had burnt out and engulfed the room.

Our correspondent learnt that it took a combined team of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and the state fire service long hours to put out the fire.

The fire started on Friday night as a result of candlelight while the woman stepped out to buy some food stuff. A boy of two years old was burnt beyond recognition. A five-year-old girl also suffered burns and she was taken to a hospital, but I can’t readily confirm whether the victims are siblings,” an emergency official told our correspondent.

LASEMA General Manager Dr Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the death of the boy, urged citizens to avoid the use of candles and be safety aware.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *